Elite Painters & Contractors Limited is seeking experienced, driven and dependable painters for residential, commercial & industrial painting.
Painter Job Purpose:
Responsible for mixing paints, matching colors, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to these surfaces. May perform touch-ups or coordinate large painting projects related to the construction industry.
Painter Job Duties:
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for the said project
- Removing fixtures such as doorknobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors
- Quoting and negotiating job prices
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when the project is complete
- Communicating with clients to ensure they’re getting the look they’re hoping for
Painter Skills and Qualifications:
CSEC English and Mathematics, High School Diploma or GED Certification Required; Understanding of Color Theory and Various Finish Types (Although On-The-Job Training May Be Provided); Ability to Climb Ladders; Ability to Carry Heavy Equipment (Including Painting Tools and Heavy Buckets of Paint); Ability to Stand for Long Periods of Time; Attention to Detail; Excellent Communication Skills; Good Customer Service Skills (When Assisting Clients in Choosing the Right Materials); Good Math Skills for Calculating Surfaces and Equipment Requirements; Outstanding Physical Dexterity; Strong Ability to Follow Directions; Exceptional Sense of Creativity.
Interested applicants, please submit CV/Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position being applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Name: Human Resource Manager
- Address: Three Miles River District, Savanna-La-Mar, Westmoreland, Jamaica
- Email: email@example.com
- Work Phone: +1 (876) 895-0830
- Work Fax: (302) 269-7170